Rocky Hill, Connecticut – April 24, 2019 – Connecticut Innovations (CI), Connecticut’s strategic venture capital arm, today announced the finalists for VentureClash Tel Aviv on Thursday, May 23. Twelve Israeli companies will have the opportunity to win the top prize of a $500,000 investment and a slot in the semifinals of the main VentureClash competition.
The 2019 VentureClash Tel Aviv finalists include:
- Cyberwrite: Delivers solutions and technologies to cyber-profiling of small businesses for the insurance and banking sectors.
- CyGov: Provides a software-as-a-service platform automating, visualizing and simplifying cyber risk management for security teams while integrating live threat intel.
- DEEP: Offers a technology that removes the burden from creating and curating visual, engaging and relevant content at scale.
- EcoPlant: Leverages industrial IoT to dramatically increase energy efficiency and reduce energy costs, by optimizing the use of critical systems.
- Epistema: Provides an artificial intelligence–based decision-making platform that can follow experts’ discussions and assign a real level of confidence to competing views.
- EyeControl: Offers a wearable personal communication device that gives a voice to locked-in patients by using audio feedback and eye gestures.
- Fincom.co: Offers proprietary technology that allows users to search entries between databases and merge and match data accurately, even across languages and unstructured databases.
- Neteera: Provides a revolutionary, remote, human vital-signs sensor that monitors human well-being status seamlessly, accurately and privately.
- Operations & Data Integriti (ODI): Brings revolutionary malware prevention technology to enterprises of all sizes to defeat any malware carried within files.
- Qmarkets: Enables companies to create an effective and ongoing innovation culture across the entire company.
- Replixio: Offers a real-time data fabric that allows enterprises to unlock the full potential of their multi-cloud.
- Y&B Mother’s Choice: Creates technologies made of plant-sophisticated mechanisms that are integrated into global brands’ end products to offer people nutritive benefits.
Each year, the VentureClash competition brings together early- and growth-stage digital health, insurance technology (insurtech), industry 4.0 and financial technology (fintech) companies to compete for the opportunity to receive investment, mentoring, customer introductions and services from CI. For the first time, CI is bringing the VentureClash competition to Israel to identify promising companies that might benefit from establishing a presence and expanding their businesses in Connecticut. In addition to the investment awards, finalists will meet with investors and learn about the resources available in Connecticut.
“Israel has long been a hotbed for exciting startups in the key industries where Connecticut is a global leader,” said Matt McCooe, CEO of Connecticut Innovations. “We are impressed with the quality of companies coming through the application process, and we are eagerly looking forward to the pitch competition. Working with these companies to show them what Connecticut can offer to help them grow their businesses may be an eye opener. Connecticut has almost 20 Fortune 500 companies, most of which are our partners in this effort.”
The VentureClash Tel Aviv pitch event will be held on Thursday, May 23, at the Tel Aviv Hilton. For more information or to register to attend, please visit www.ventureclash.com/tel-aviv.
Managed by Connecticut Innovations, VentureClash is Connecticut’s global venture challenge focused on early-stage companies. The challenge identifies high-potential and high-growth companies in digital health, fintech, insurtech and the industrial Internet of Things to compete to win equity investments from a $5 million award pool. Learn more at www.ventureclash.com.
About Connecticut Innovations Inc.
Connecticut Innovations (CI) is Connecticut’s strategic venture capital arm and is the leading source of financing and ongoing support for innovative, growing companies. CI provides venture capital and strategic guidance for early-stage technology companies, and connections to its well-established network of partners and professionals. For more information, visit www.ctinnovations.com.
Vice President of Marketing and Communications