Rocky Hill, Connecticut – September 18, 2019 – Connecticut Innovations (CI), Connecticut’s strategic venture capital arm, today announced the finalists for VentureClash, the $5 million global venture challenge. The 10 finalists will participate in a live pitch event at Yale University on Thursday, October 17, 2019, in front of a panel of prominent judges.
The 2019 VentureClash finalists include:
- Atidot (Israel): An insurtech solution that uses artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive analytics to help life insurance companies optimize their books of business.
- Cinchy (Canada): A new alternative to buying and building applications that brings data collaboration to the enterprise.
- Covr Financial Technologies (United States): Simplifies the way life insurance is sold by offering financial institutions a digital platform to sell leading insurance products in the most efficient way possible.
- Curatio (Canada): A mobile platform that matches patients to others who understand what they’re going through in a private, secure environment.
- DEEP IT (Israel): A platform that uses AI and practical machine learning technologies to create contextual visual storytelling elements, including semiautomated video production.
- EyeControl (Israel): A company creating an innovative communication device for individuals who suffer from complete paralysis.
- MothersChoice (Israel): A company creating the next generation of personal care products scientifically proven to be healthy, safe and 100 percent natural.
- Pineapple (South Africa): A peer-to-peer insurance provider that allows individuals to insure their possessions simply by snapping a picture and uploading it to the mobile application.
- ReferWell (United States): Streamlines referral management to improve outcomes for payers, providers and patients.
- Tremor Technologies Inc. (United States): A programmatic marketplace for the reinsurance industry incorporating auction and optimization tech to find market-clearing prices.
VentureClash brings together early-stage digital health, insurance technology (insurtech), industry 4.0 and financial technology (fintech) companies from across the globe to compete for investment, mentoring, customer introductions and services from CI to help them grow and succeed in Connecticut. A panel of judges will determine the distribution of the top investment award ($1.5 million) and the remaining $3.5 million on the day of the event.
“VentureClash gives us the ability to identify promising early-stage international companies and show them what it’s like to live and work in Connecticut,” said Matt McCooe, CEO of Connecticut Innovations. “We congratulate all our finalists on their success in the competition thus far and look forward to the final pitch event next month at Yale.”
This year’s VentureClash competition attracted more than 300 companies from 20 countries around the world, all of whom completed initial applications this past June. Finalists were selected following two rounds of judging by an outside panel of industry leaders and subject matter experts. For more information on qualifications, requirements, guidelines and application, visit www.ventureclash.com. To register to attend, visit https://www.eiseverywhere.com/vc2019.
Managed by Connecticut Innovations, VentureClash is Connecticut’s global venture challenge focused on early-stage companies. The challenge identifies high-potential companies in digital health, fintech, insurtech and industry 4.0 that will receive investments from a $5 million investment award pool. Learn more at www.ventureclash.com.
About Connecticut Innovations Inc.
Connecticut Innovations (CI) is Connecticut’s strategic venture capital arm and is the leading source of financing and ongoing support for innovative, growing companies. CI provides venture capital and strategic guidance for early-stage technology companies, and connections to its well-established network of partners and professionals. For more information, visit www.ctinnovations.com.
Vice President of Marketing and Communications