Congratulations again on being selected as a presenting company for VentureClash Climate Edition. Now, the real work begins. As you plan your trip to New Haven in October, we wanted to provide you with a few reminders, resources and action items that will be important to review and complete over the next several weeks.
Please confirm your participation as a presenting company at VentureClash Climate Edition on Thursday, October 27, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at District New Haven, by responding to the congratulations email by Friday, September 16, and registering to attend the event here.
Register for Welcome Dinner+
Please register to attend our VentureClash Climate VIP Welcome Dinner here.
Book Your Travel Arrangements+
- VentureClash Climate Edition presenters should book flights that allow them to arrive at The Blake Hotel (9 High Street, New Haven, CT 06510) by 11:00 a.m. on the morning of Wednesday, October 26.
- We have created a hotel block at The Blake Hotel in New Haven at a rate of $219/day. If you plan to access the hotel block, please make your reservations by Monday, October 3. The hotel can be reached at 203.390.5352, or you can book through the link here.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) – About 2 hours and 15 mins from hotel
- Bradley International Airport (BDL) – About 1 hour from hotel
Recommended transportation form airport:
- Book a ride with Luxy
- Uber or Lyft (mobile apps)
- Train from JFK
- Bus from BDL
Send Required Materials+
Send all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 28 to receive your $5,000 stipend.
- Company logo and description
- Presenter headshot and bio
- Final pitch deck to be given at event
- Bank wire or check information (more information below)
For companies located in the United States, please provide:
- W9 (company name, address & EIN) form
- Name and email of contact person
- Overnight street address (no PO Box)
For companies outside of the United States, please provide:
- W8BENE (company name, address & Tax Number) form
- Name and email of contact person
- Bank name, address and SWIFT code
- Company name exactly as it appears on the bank account & IBAN
Presentation decks should be sent by Dropbox to email@example.com by Wednesday. September 28.
- 10 slide maximum
- Presentation will be eight minutes long with five minutes allotted for questions
- Save to a flash drive and bring to event
- Decks should touch on the following:
- Company and Management Team: Introduce your company and your team.
- Company & Technology/Product: What does it do? Why do people need it?
- Value Proposition: Clearly articulate why your technology/product is so valuable.
- Target Market: Describe your target market.
- Business Model: Explain how you make money.
- Competitive Landscape: Briefly describe.
- Connecticut Plans: Why is Connecticut an important part of your expansion plans? Share your plans for Connecticut.
- Financials: Share current funding status.
Agenda for Wednesday, October 26+
Arrival at The Blake Hotel, 11:00 a.m.
Companies should arrive to check in at The Blake Hotel in New Haven (9 High Street, New Haven, CT 06510) by 11:00 a.m.
Meet the Team at Connecticut Innovations, 1:00 p.m.
Companies will travel to CI’s headquarters (470 James Street, Suite 8, New Haven, CT 06513) to meet with the deal team and go over last-minute preparations for the pitch event. Lunch will be provided.
Welcome Dinner at Barcelona Wine Bar, 5:30 p.m.
Presenting companies, CI’s deal team and other distinguished guests from Connecticut’s green ecosystem will meet for a networking dinner at Barcelona Wine Bar (155 Temple Street, New Haven, CT 06510) before heading back to the hotel.
Agenda for Thursday, October 27+
Leave The Blake Hotel, 8:45 a.m.
Presenters should be prepared to arrange travel and leave the hotel by 8:45 a.m. to ensure arrival at District New Haven (470 James Street, New Haven, CT 06513) by 9:00 a.m., an hour before event start.
VentureClash Climate Edition Event at District, 9:00 a.m.
Companies will arrive to District New Haven by 9:00 a.m. for last-minute prep and to see their designated ePosterBoard area. There will be a high-top table available for any additional materials you’d like to have set up.
You will be assigned your pitch slot shortly. Please make sure to be near the main stage area at least 10 minutes before your designated time.
9:00 a.m. Companies and speakers arrive
10:00 a.m. Guests arrive and registration
10:20 a.m. Opening remarks
10:45 a.m. Keynote speaker
11:30 a.m. Air Company
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Industry Panel
11:50 p.m. Moduly
12:30 p.m. Lunch
1:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker
1:50 p.m. Fermata
1:50 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. Industry Panel
2:10 p.m. IoTecha
2:30 p.m. Living Ink
2:50 p.m. Networking break
3:20 p.m. ALT TEX
3:20 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. Industry Panel
4:20 p.m. Closing remarks
4:30 p.m. Cocktail reception
Detailed Event Agenda+
Welcome and Registration
Matt McCooe, CEO, Connecticut Innovations
Michael Cantor, Chairman, Connecticut Innovations
Joseph Nolan, President & CEO, Eversource
Industry Panel (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
The Future of Climate Tech VC
Olmo Kitchen – Cafe & Deli
Sherkaan – Indian Street Food
Miso – Japanese Cuisine
Katie Dykes, Commissioner, DEEP
Industry Panel (1:50 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.)
Applied Environmental Justice: Finding Opportunity while Meeting Community Needs
Industry Panel (3:20 to 4:20 p.m.)
How Connecticut’s Policy and Regulatory Environment Supports Grid Modernization and Clean Energy Innovations
Konstantine Drakonakis, ClimateTech Fund Manager, Connecticut Innovations
Cocktail Reception & Networking
Recommendations In The Area+
Walking Times in Relation to The Blake Hotel
Walgreens (4-minute walk)
777 York Street, New Haven, CT
Rite Aid (7-minute walk)
66 Church Street, New Haven, CT
Yale New Haven Hospital (9-minute walk)
20 York Street, New Haven, CT
Starbucks (3-minute walk)
1070 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT
Panera Bread (4-minute walk)
1060 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT
Atticus Café (4-minute walk)
1082 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT
Geronimo’s Southwest Grill (3-minute walk)
271 Crown Street, New Haven, CT
BAR Pizza (3-minute walk)
254 Crown Street, New Haven, CT
South Bay (4-minute walk)
288 College Street, New Haven, CT
Milk Craft Ice Cream (2-minute walk)
280 Crown Street, New Haven, CT
Yale University Art Gallery (4-minute walk)
1111 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT
University Theatre (7-minute walk)
222 York Street, New Haven, CT
Local Police (non-emergency number; for emergencies, call 911)
Lauren Carmody, Main VentureClash Climate Edition Contact
Emma Twohill, VentureClash Climate Edition Contact
The Blake Hotel